Friday 30 October 2015

Madmoiselle Privé































'Mademoiselle Privé, a journey through the origins of CHANEL's creations capturing the charismatic personality and irreverent spirit of Mademoiselle Chanel and Karl Lagerfeld.'
                                                                                                                                   Taken from Saatchi Gallery site

Last week I went to visit the Saatchi Gallery's recent exhibition and dedication to Chanel; Mademoiselle Privé.
I was worried before with other people telling me they felt it wasn't what they had expected but I found it entirely compelling.
(I did however miss a couple of rooms but I don't want to mention that) 
It was a journey from Coco's beginnings right up until now, as well as a a clever mini movie of a conversation between Karl Lagerfeld and a ghostly Coco Chanel.
The jewellery was extravagant and the clothes on display were to die for, everything was completely captivating.
I really wish I was going again, especially to see the two rooms I missed - if you go just remember theres sections on the left AND the right! And hurry, there's not long left until the exhibition is over and my pictures really don't do it justice; it's a definite must see in my eyes!

b x 

No comments :

Post a Comment

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC