Monday 13 June 2016

Summer '16


It's safe to say the last few months have been a whirlwind in which so much has changed.

Since moving to London, I've had a great reality check. I've learned how to live alone, to keep those I love near and far close, that to get where I want is going to take hard work, a lot of time and effort, and how to live on £5 for two weeks while I wait for pay day.
It's feels like it's been a long journey, and the last couple of months have been exceptionally hard however hard work is starting to pay off and I finally feel myself again, back on my feet and in a good place. 

Coming back to London post-Christmas, I was unemployed and running out of money fast. I had been frantically searching for work after deciding not to return to my previous job and was reaching a low point in my life in terms of money. Living in London is anything but cheap, you know. It got to the point that I was telling myself that if I had no luck in one week I would have to return to my old job and suck the crap work and hours up, when I received a call from a potential employer. After another couple of days I had got the job and the stress is now all but forgotten about. 
While I settled back into working and studying again, my second term of uni flew by and it wasn't long before I was visiting home for the Easter break. At this point, I was determined to find myself an internship which I could do alongside my studies to prepare myself for the work environment, and to secure myself a decent placement for my second year term two. After applying to dozens of positions via Fashion Workie, I eventually got a response from the editor of digital publication, .Cent magazine. After a quick interview, I took up the position at the fashion desk and am currently halfway through my time at the publication.

Just last week I finished my first year at University and I can't believe where the time has gone, it's mad. It probably has something to do however with not having a single day off for the past 3 months but I wouldn't change a thing with how it has all turned out.

For the Summer, while me and my friends want to go away at some point, all I plan to do is work, non-stop. I want to head into my second year financially stable and less stressed than my first year and hope that the next three months allow me to do that. But who knows, if uni has taught me anything it's that nothing comes without hard work and things change every day. I believe everything happens for a reason however so I'll take each day as it comes and work with it.

b x

No comments :

Post a Comment

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC